Rann of Kutch (Edition 05)
Name: Rann of Kutch - Edition 05
Dates: 8th February 2024 - 12th February 2024
Start time: 1600 hours at Bhuj
Total Distance: 325 kms approx.
Difficulty level: Easy to moderate
- INR 26,500 for Tribe members
- INR 28,000 for Non Tribe members
- Above cost includes INR 5000 advance registration amount (Non refundable, Non transferable)
Embark on the fifth edition of the Rann of Kutch ride, exploring diverse terrains, savouring local culture and cuisine, and culminating in a thrilling run through the mesmerising white Rann, with added destinations for an enriched cycling adventure.
We are proudly presenting the fifth edition of the Rann of Kutch ride. We have been adding some extra destinations since our last edition, to enrich the overall experience.
The ride starts with the Bhuj town ride, this is just to check our cycles as they will be assembled after the transport from your home location. This will give you a chance to go through the sights of the Bhuj town, palaces (if time permits) and ride along the lake. Then the real ride begins the next day early morning - by visiting local artisans and ends at Bhuj after three days. In between we ride through a range of terrains, enjoy local food, culture, make new friends, and of course, we run through the white Rann of Kutch.
It is an easy paced ride with practically no climbs! Beautiful scenery dotted with parched lands, birds of prey, migratory birds, camels, colorful Kutch life and many more things! The idea is to have fun with the group in the landscape of Kutch. The road surface is from smooth tar roads, to parched lands, so a hybrid or gravel cycle is recommended. MTBs and Roadies are also welcome.
The ride distance varies from 60 KM in a day to about 80-85 km in a day. We have a lot of stops, photo opportunities and food. We always have a support vehicle which will carry water jars, some of your things and luggage.
- Route Expertise
- Back Up vehicle for all day(s) of the tour
- Hydration support on route.
- Basic first aid kit
- Mechanical assistance in case of a puncture.
- Cycle transport from Pune to Bhuj and back
- Entry fees at Rann of Kutch
- Accommodation on Triple/quadruple sharing basis in home stays. Some places might have any other facility thus we may need to have quadruple sharing, however it has enough space and extra washrooms.
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) Breakfast and Lunch would be vegetarian meals and Dinner will have a non-vegetarian option, at a couple of places depending on availability.
- Travel charges - train / air tickets from participant residence to Bhuj and return
- Personal expenses of any other sorts than those mentioned in Inclusions
- Medical expenses in any case of emergency
- Mechanical expenses for the cycle due to damage or local mechanic charges will be as applicable
- DSLR / Video Camera charges
- All other expenses than those mentioned in Inclusions
Rann of Kutch Edition 4:
- Max 18 cyclists.
- Registrations close on 7th Jan 2024.