The Dandeli Expedition: Land of Bagheera
A 150 km jungle trail that passes through 3 wildlife sanctuaries, namely Kali tiger reserve, Anshi national park and Cotigoa wildlife sanctuary. It provides a picturesque terrain that is rich in flora and fauna. The trail provides a perfect route to enter Goa from Karnataka via Cotigoa wildlife sanctuary. A short patch where only cyclists and bikers are allowed will take the adventure to the next level.
Trail biking on this route designed by our expert riders will set your heart pumping and your muscles working. Your eyes get to soak in the magnificent and beautiful views of trees and rocks, and your lungs get to breathe the purest air along with the fragrance of the blossoms. Though an exercise for your body, this ride will be a soothing process for your mind where you get to cycle along with your friends and family in a charming landscape and that too, without any traffic. If you are a city dweller, you will appreciate this ride even more. Overall, it is a thoroughly enjoyable experience without a single dull moment.
Event partner / Co-host: Pedal Thirst Adventures
Date: Thursday 2nd June 2022 0630 am onwards to Sunday 05th June 2022: 12.30 pm.
Total Distance: 160 kms (approx.) over 3 days.
Difficulty level: Moderate to Difficult
Assembly at Londha, Karnataka on Wednesday, 1st June 2022 0600 pm onwards. Participants can park their vehicles at the resort in Londha. They will be transferred back to Londha from Cotigoa on the last day. Optionally, you can travel to Londha by train or bus. Travel back to Pune can be from Goa or Londha.
- For SW tribe Members: INR 15,000/-.
- For Non SW tribe members: INR 16,500/-
- A non-refundable amount of INR 5,000/- to be paid to confirm and book your seat before the 15th of May 2022.
- Cycle transport from Pune to Londha and back to Pune from Cotigoa.
- Accommodation from 1st June 0600 pm onwards till 4th June night on sharing basis in resorts and campsites as per facility.
- All meals (veg/ non veg) in the above mentioned days
- Hydration support
- Backup Vehicle enroute
- Tour expertise and Team support with mechanical assistance
- Event T Shirt
- Transport costs to Londa and back to Pune from Cotigoa / Londha.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, liquor, tips to driver, personal food orders etc.
- Any kind of cost needed for major repairs and spares to repair a personal cycle in case of breakdown.
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation etc.
- Any additional expense caused due to any reason beyond control of Pedal Thirst Adventures and its associates; like change in itinerary due to flight delays, road blockage, landslides, bad weather conditions, bridge breakage and any other natural calamity or incidence like strike, curfew etc. on which Pedal thirst adventures and its associates do not have any control.
- Items not specified above in ‘Cost Includes’.
DAY 01 - Wednesday, 1st June 2022
Arrival at Londha on the 1st of June post 0600 pm at the resort. (Resort details will be shared soon. Room sharing on quadruple basis)
DAY 02 - Thursday, 2nd June 2022
Leave Resort at 0700 am post breakfast _Ride along the buffer zone within Dandeli forest. Ride distance approx. 45kms. Lunch along the way within the forested area.
Trail difficulty level: Easy with mostly flat and downslope off road trail riding.
Highlight: A swim session in the Kali river before lunch .
The day ends at a resort within the Dandeli forest.
DAY 03 - Friday, 3rd June 2022
Leave Resort at 0700 am post breakfast _Ride along the buffer zone within Anshi forest. Ride distance approx. 60kms. Lunch along the way within the forested area.
Trail difficulty level: Difficult with rolling terrain and upslope off road trail riding.
Highlight: A visit enroute to the beautiful volcanic rock formation, the Syntheri Rocks.
The day ends at a campsite within the Anshi forest reserve.
DAY 04 Saturday, 4th June 2022
Leave Resort at 0700 am post breakfast _Ride along the buffer zone within Cotigao forest. Ride distance approx. 55kms. Ride ends at Lunch time within Cotigoa .
Trail difficulty level: Moderate trail riding with downhills and rolling terrain.
Highlight: Local Goan Veg/ Fish thali lunch to end the ride on a high.
The day ends at a resort in Cotigoa to enjoy the evening ahead.
DAY 05 - Sunday, 5th June 2022
Transfer from Cotigoa to Londha resort.
We will be a group of 15 cyclists min and 20 cyclists max. So please book your seats at the earliest!
Let’s pedal to happiness everyone!
This is a cycling event in a forested area. Staying facilities will be basic but with clean toilet facilities at the campsite. Room sharing will be on a triple or a quadruple basis. There will be some accommodation in dormitories as well. This is not a family event so we will not encourage participants to call their families to drive along with them to the campsite/ route. This will be exclusively for Speaking Wheels cycling members on cycles. The fees paid for the event are nonrefundable since bookings are already done at location and other logistics are also planned. In case due to some unforeseen event, Speaking Wheels cancels the event, part refund or full refund will be applicable as per the situation. Kindly carry your masks and hand sanitizers. Maintain safe distance and safety precautions as per the Covid Protocols.
Things to Carry:
- Helmets mandatory. Cycle lights recommended, not mandatory.
- At Least 1 liter of bottle on cycle or in a backpack.
- ID proofs (Aadhar card copy / Drivers license copy)
- Personal clothing as required
- Toiletries as required.
- Personal towels/ Night clothes etc
- A tiffin box ( to carry packed lunch) , a small plate , a mug/ cup and a spoon.
- Proper shoes
- A head torch or headlamp
- Spare tube, at least 2 for individual cycles.
- Tool kit